Thursday 16 January 2014

Onwards and Upwards...literally!!

Well its been a while since I posted an 'us' update, so here it is - I know we all like to have a nose what one another are up too!!

Well - I have returned to work Part-time, its not easy I wont lie. Fin is great, he stays with my mum and my friend at the moment and he doesn't kick up any fuss what so ever which is brilliant. Hopefully we will get Nursery arranged soon - and he can start having some learning fun!
The reason its been hard is more down to the fact that, I have so little time, and I'm always so tired - but I guess that goes with the territory. Unfortunately, I am not in the best paid Job right now, so its quite hard making ends meet - but as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I know there's a job out there for me where I can use my qualifications - perhaps it closer than I realise!! (haha sneaky sneaky laugh laugh).

I took the little Monster to get weighed Last week. First time I've actually been able to go in 3 months - I thought I may get told off, but he's a porker with his food and I was worried about anything, otherwise I would have made time.
So in true 'Heidi' Style, my nerves creep up on me (I have no idea why I get nervous waiting for Finny to be weighed, silly really). Finny decides he wants to play while we wait, I let him play. Finny then decides he doesn't want to play, but he wants to crawl under the chairs and through the peoples legs behind my seat. So we spend the next few minutes, trying to deflect this - then OMG he craws under, and as I'm pulling him out, I donk his head (Now Finny seems to donk his head most days atm, hes a boy, hes into everything, usually head first), I don't donk it hard, but he looks at him then holds his head and whimpers a sad little whimper. I start rubbing it better, apologising and look up and glance the HV looking at me. I go a darker shade of crimson and get called for the weighing - oops. Finny was fine, there wasn't even a mark, but I am left very embarrassed.

So we get him weighed and he has stayed put on his 75th Percentile and now weighs 22lb05oz!! woohoo go Finny!

Now Finny decides he doesn't want a new nappy on or does he want to get dressed, so I get hotter and hotter and more flustered and embarrassed - I must look a right state! Eventually we mange to get the nappy on wonky, and minus coat, socks and gloves - what a palaver!

The Cheeky Monster Pre Xmas!

Anyway I mentioned to the HV that on the odd occasion, Finny seems to still have a very slight lean to the right. So she has suggested to get a doctor to look at it if we are concerned as he's almost 1 now. So were see over the next few weeks, if it is still there or I am just being Paranoid. Will keep you posted!

I think are first steps are going to be just around the corner. We are doing a lot of cruising atm, and we have had several occasions where we can stand unaided, but fall when we laugh and clap our hands at being so clever - He's too cute!

We are both very excited that Sing and Sign is starting again Tomorrow. Finny loves it, I wasn't sure he was going to pick much up, but as he enjoys the songs ad interaction we booked again - then low and behold - he starts signing 'more' to me during tea the other day, now its constant 'more' 'more' 'more'!! Trust Finnys First Signs to be food related!!

On to me - I have started a 3 and Half week SlimFast Plan - not good with diets and not good drinking my water, but I vow to once and for all loose these last pesky pounds that are hanging around!!

Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin